THE RETURN OF CROSS-COUNTRY.
Welcome to the DCXC Project
THE DCXC DISTANCE PROJECT IS A CHARITABLE ENDEAVOR OF PACERS SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF DISTANCE RUNNING IN THE GREATER WASHINGTON DC REGION THROUGH YOUTH CROSS COUNTRY AND DISTANCE TRACK PROGRAMS.
WHY WE ARE HERE
DCXC is not just a one-season hit. DCXC is a movement, a multi-faceted program years in the making. Utilizing our assets, resources, and partnerships we have created a long-term strategy to help us achieve our goals:
- Live, breathe, and execute the mission of the DCXC Distance Project
- Develop an integrated and innovative strategy to reach the desirable cross country market
- Make a positive and lasting impact on the sport
HOW WE’LL GET THERE
Phase one (2013-2015) of the DCXC Distance Project will focus on cross country and distance track programs in District of Columbia high schools. Specific goals for this phase include:
Provide targeted coaching resources through seasonal coaches clinics and networking opportunities. Identify and create five-year plan to attract and retain coaching talent in particular at DCPS schools (CY2014).
- Double the participation of public high school cross country programs by 2015.
- Provide summer training opportunities for student-athletes.
Continue to provide fundraising opportunities for programs through race volunteer opportunities (2013 donations: $6,500+). DCXC Distance Project will look to double program fundraising to $13,000 for SY2013-2014. Identify target school needs and develop fundraising plans to assist with budget shortfalls.
- Student-Athletes: provide travel funding to established meets to expose District student-athletes to regional and national level competition.
- DCSAA: create collaborative partnership between Pacers and DCSAA to support the initiatives of DCSAA and the DCXC Distance Project; provide services for the state and city meets to bring level of professionalism to events, excitement for sport, and allow city/state funding to be reinvested in secondary cross country programs.
- Home course advantage: work closely with DCSAA, area coaches, DC Departments of Parks and Recreation and related entities to create desirable urban cross country course and encourage neighboring competitive jurisdictions (MOCO/NOVA) to participate in events held in District.
- DCXC Invitational: Development of a cross country invitational to bring attention to District schools and attract competitive programs in MOCO/NOVA (2014).
- National rankings: Develop five-year plan by CY 2014 identifying benchmarks to assess success of DCXC.
Phase two (2015-2020) will continue to build on success of phase one and will expand programming to: elementary and middle school running programs; area clubs, camps, and youth training programs; and the greater DC region high schools. Phase two will explore possibility of facility development, such as indoor training and competition facilities and roll out of scholarship program.
Become a Hero
Would you or your company like to be supports of DCXC? Contact us to see how you can help.